You are hereProjects / Aid Accountability Group
Aid Accountability Group
VOICE is the founder of the Aid Accountability Group, bringing together members of CSOs, community organizations, and citizen's groups along with concerned individuals from the political and academic sphere to discuss and stand in solidarity against the ineffective and unaccountable use of aid funding, both regional and international. Formed in January of 2008, it continues to campaign actively in Bangladesh and the South Asian region in collaboration with other groups such as the Reality of Aid Network.
The group's achievements thus far have included:
- Holding a Multi-stakeholder national seminar on Aid Effectiveness in 2007 and 2008
- Contributing to the RoA report 2008
- Publicizing the issue in the national and international media
- Building networks with the Government’s departments
- Networking and communications with donors and CSOs, NGOs and stakeholders
- Production of materials, such as the Bangla translation of the Paris Declaration, the Harmonization Action Plan, CSOs Position Paper, Accra Action Agenda,
- A study on Food Aid in Bangladesh
- Conducting interviews of civil society and economists
- Production and distribution of a short documentary, 'Perspectives on Aid Effectiveness in Bangladesh’
- Participation in Government’s (ERD) programme on aid effectiveness process
- Participation in RoA Asia meeting in Manila
- Participation in regional meeting in Bangkok
- Participation in Accra HLF
- Organizing a Consultation on the role of civil society in Dhaka in January 2010
For more information we invite you to download a more detailed report on our activities here.
Read posts relating to our Aid Effectiveness Campaign here.
View our AAG Image Gallery here.
|Aid Accountability Group-2010.doc||34 KB|